Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Good News!

Okay... so yes, I have been hiding since the beginning of this month.  I had over 30 000 words left to write on the Illuminated Witch... I got sick (bummer!) and I had family stuff coming out the yang!

But! I'm glad to say The Illuminated Witch is done... in first draft.

It was a labour of love that at times I wondered if I'd ever finish.

Towards the end of writing my office started looking like a bomb site.  Never a good look, I can assure you... Just be pleased you can't see behind the laptop screen... the cords, pens and crumpled paper!

I had scraggly notes lying everywhere all over my desk...

My collection of coffee cups far exceeded this... Umm this is last night/this morning... Promise!

Research books competed for space with the timetables for the family and printers.

But I finally made the two words that make me go gooey ...


Surely they must be the two sweetest words in the English Dictionary? Well, I know my family think so because now there is a chance that some housework might get done. Even the dog was pleased. He was beginning to look like this:

Okay, so maybe I'm overstating it a little bit (but let me tell you, it isn't by much!!!)

And of course because I don't just have enough to do, I promised my husband that I would faithfully complete a project for him. A short 5 minute film of the area for two of the local Councillors to present at a conference.

So two days, bent over my husband's private computer creating this. Gee it puts it into perspective for me.  14 hours to create 5 mins of vision.  

 


I topped off my manic work schedule with the trailer for Hesparia's Tears (You can see that one on the top right hand side of the page.)

I'm shattered. I'm shagged... Well so I thought, until I woke up this morning to find this in my inbox...


Now I'm perkier than a chipmunk on caffeine... Ready to start again... Uhh maybe after a break. So say hello! Tell me what you are up to... I might have goodies in my grab bag for commenters!

Ciao
Imogene

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful cover! Have only just "discovered" you, so off to explore your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Imogene, you deserve a break for a little while. Spend some time with you gorgeous looking doggie.
    The trailer for the region looks wonderful. Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.
    Have the rest of the day off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I spent the day updating websites and putting in new links and pages... no rest for the wicked ;)

      Delete
  3. Congrats, Imy, on completing yet another Novel. You are a force to be reckoned with girl (and love the puppy and coffee mugs) x

    ReplyDelete