Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's Dunaden .... by not very much!

Okay getting into the Melbourne Cup spirit thing here...I had a flutter or three and, while not exactly making a million I did get back what I put in and a little extra as well. I have this bunch of friends, who meet daily over the internet to chat, run businesses and generally misbehave. They are great!

We decided to run a sweep and of course, as we are literally all over Australia had to come up with an awe inspiring way to run it. So we ran it online - everyone in the group had to indicate if they wanted to join in, pay their money etc via email and paypal.

In the end, there was, what I would cal a decent prize pool. And you know what? it was fun. We even had an outrageous hat parade...my personal fave is a hat that reminds me of a mohawk...

Not sure I would wear it, but as with anything it is personal taste. So I sat at my computer, working, with my chicken and greek salad, streamed the race and shouted for my horse to win, just like any other red blooded Australian!

On a bright note as well, The Star of Ishtar is now out with Beta Readers. What does this mean? Well these lovely people read the story, check for errors and make sure that it reads ok...all the usual things.

Once I get the comments back from them, so long as there is nothing too big, I should be able to submit it to the publishing house.

So, what is left to do? Well once I get my copious winnings (well maybe not that copious) I think I will go and buy some choccies to celebrate another manuscript is ready to go. I will print it in the next few days, grab my posterity picture (which is becoming a ritual here) , toast the jolly horse Dunaden and have a celebratory wine - or three :)

I hope your Melbourne Cup was fun, and if you had a flutter you had a win.

Until next time,

Imogene <3

No comments:

Post a Comment