Saturday, October 22, 2011

Writing for fun? I love it!

Well writing in and of itself can be a very rewarding experience....but today I got rewarded....yet again :)

At the prompting of some of the ladies from the RWA Paranormal loop, I decided to enter one of the RWA (America) chapter competitions. The first 25 pages. I have to admit to a fair amount of trepidation. I mean, they could hate it? Right? What if they tell me it is so bad never to enter again?

Girding the loins and all, I put everything together and shipped off the entry. Sure I liked what was written but would anyone else? That was in the first week of September....tick tick tick to today....

About to head out to an Art Gallery Opening and I tell hubby...."hang on, just need to check my emails...." and to my eternal surprise there was an email there about the competition. And guess what? I am a finalist.

I have to tell you, I did woop a little, yell to hubby to come see...all the usual.

So here I am ... wine and currently popcorn in hand letting you know.

I passed the clouds sometime and am about to enter the ionosphere....don't worry I am sure I will come back to earth sometime soon.

But for now, I feel great. Hope you do too.

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment