Friday, December 2, 2011

Ruminations from the basement of my mind...


Welcome back to another ramble through my mind! It is a little less cluttered than it was, say yesterday. I finally finished my first draft of The Blood Bride. Truth be told, I want to change the end already - not a lot, but a few tweaks here and there. I will print it out after this weekend - work that I have been avoiding has to come first though.

Great things happened this week, I agreed to be a blogger on Barbara Westbrook's Christmas Recipe blog... You can check it out here - and I turn up in the middle of the month on the 15th (US time remember!)

I also have my editor for Secret Cravings. This was a biggie.... So that means some serious editing for me, and a lot less time to skive off.

Now...on a sober note, I challenged a group of my friends to a challenge regarding presents. What would they wish for this Christmas? We decided to start with the ridiculous and work towards the achievable...

The one thing that came across clearly was we all wanted to escape the daily 9 to 5 grind. Funny that. It included the money to make the things we wanted to happen ... well, happen, of course. Trips and the ability to explore, things that showed us what close relationships we had with those closest to us. And last but not least, most said a change in their size...if you will downsizing (me included there). We are so busy running around we don't treat ourselves with the love and affection we deserve. Maybe that is one of the reasons we love Romance Reading?

So my challenge to you....starting with the ridiculous to the achievable... What would you ask for this Christmas?

I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment