Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Exhaustion...

Exhaustion...(noun)weaknes or fatigue. (Thanks to Dictionary.com)

In one word, that sums me up currently. I feel like I've been living on a roller coaster for the last 18 months. I can hear puzzlement in your thinking... "Why?"


The last 18 months have been a huge learning curve for me... taking on my first critique partner and then forming the Hotter than Hades Author group, finishing 3 novels, and 2 short stories, plus the polishing and submission of most of them. Out of the 5 stories, 4 are published and 1 is now under contract.

(The latest release came out yesterday - Star of the Fleet)

I am finalising a 6th and have 2 in the wings waiting to be completed and a short to rework... It needs expanding to a full length novel, but I can already tell, it's gonna be great.

Family commitments don't stop either, with two daughters in the last years of school and a husband who works incredibly long hours.

Soooo... what am I saying? It's nothing scary, like I've decided to retire from writing, but I'm taking a break...heading off to the Gold Coast to schmooze with other romance writers. Having down time. For the first time in a long long while, my husband is taking time off work so we can do our things. The campfire cookout we promised our girls 3 years ago, sorting out our ever growing flock of chickens... Getting ready to lodge our tax...

So I won't be blogging over the next couple of weeks.

But I will take photos and upload them to my facebook page from the conference. Oh and when I get back, then I'll share all sorts of things I've learned. Until then, this is Imogene Nix. Signing out.

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment