Saturday, October 6, 2012

Summer Is Nearly Here!



Summer is on the way.   
I can’t believe the amazing change in the weather over the last few weeks.  It went from brutally cold every night to so hot, that we need to water to keep the vegetables in the garden alive…

Summer storms are coming with increased frequency and it’s hard to get by, already without an air conditioner.  But this also means the lead up to the festive season.  So in honour of that, I made the Christmas cake last weekend.  It’s now sitting in the fridge and in a week or two, it’ll go into an airtight container with a fair dollop of brandy to soak in.  Never say my cakes aren’t horrendously alcoholic. <g>

It also means a short term of school for my girls and Christmas parties, Secret Santa’s and all sorts of “leading up to Christmas fol-de-rol”, ordering presents and house cleaning.  (Not my favourite job)

 
One fun thing though, is I signed up for another Secret Cravings Publishing blog comp.  So in the next few days, you too can go into the running to win a copy of my latest title – Star of the Fleet, featuring Kera and Gustav. 

How do I win that awesome prize I hear you ask…?

Answer my riddle, with the name of where I live…  Leave your answers together with your email address.

I live in the land of the Snowy River (Now there is a massive hint)
In the state that is always sunny and it has a royal connection (Another huge hint)
They tell us the sun is always shining in my state
My town is known for citrus…

So, just where do I live?

Remember, comment in the box with the correct answer , to go in the running.
Rules:

(a)The winner will be announced on the 8th October, so please remember to leave your email address for me.    Remember to also leave a comment on the blog, to say you have visited. 

(b)Only your first entry will count. You could enter five or six times, but we will only accept your first entry, so think hard before you email your answer J

(c)We are strictly closing entries at 12.00pm (midnight) on 8th October (EST – that is AU)

(d)Visit www.secretcravingspublishing.blogspot.com for the list of other participants.  Remember, the more blogs you visit, the better your chances of winning prizes… and there are a few of us running blogs.

(e)The winner is the one who either correctly nominates the Town or the town nearest to where I live.  The answer will be chosen at random from correct entries. 

19 comments:

  1. Ok, using google the nearest I can get is NSW which I presume is New South Wales, Australia. :-)
    To me the idea of a hot Christmas day seems so wierd, and yet we often get a Christmas day warmer (not I didn't say 'hottor', that mid-summer's day!
    Happy hopping :-)

    sherrygloag @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm dah, Can't guess where you live. 1.5 hours from me.
    No prize wanted, just so you knew I had been here.

    Hope it's been a good weekend for you.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Line 1 tells me your in Australia :)
    Line 2 could mean Queensland, Victoria or NSW??? Or even Tasmania after that very famous Egyptian Queen Tas (now I'm just being silly, sorry)
    Line 3 sounds like Western Australia to me
    And so does Line 4.

    I'm going to guess Nannup.

    Was I close???

    I'm not after any prizes either Imogene - just wanted to say hi :-)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta be sunny Queensland? Beautiful one day, perfect the next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Imogene

    I'm going to consult my crystal ball & the tarot cards..... I get the feeling you live in Australia somewhere on the east coast. My spirit guides tell me the weather is starting to get warmer though it should be raining in the next day or two.

    It's in Queensland somewhere and the nearest big city starts with a B....using google maps, I reckon it's somewhere around Bundaberg!

    OMG.... Isn't that where they make Bundaberg Rum? Oh, nectar of the gods! I'm in love!!!

    Love your work and I hope my psychic assistants have led me not up the garden path xxx

    Cheers

    Evil Elle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second posting.... forgot my email address :)

    Hi Imogene

    I'm going to consult my crystal ball & the tarot cards..... I get the feeling you live in Australia somewhere on the east coast. My spirit guides tell me the weather is starting to get warmer though it should be raining in the next day or two.

    It's in Queensland somewhere and the nearest big city starts with a B....using google maps, I reckon it's somewhere around Bundaberg!

    OMG.... Isn't that where they make Bundaberg Rum? Oh, nectar of the gods! I'm in love!!!

    Love your work and I hope my psychic assistants have led me not up the garden path xxx

    Cheers

    Evil Elle :)
    ellenanne@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came
    I saw
    I didn't guess
    Good luck everyone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayndah Queensland, where bunnies are not allowed
    guess who

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmmmm....this is tricky.....tricky tricky indeed. LOL

    But I shall say Queensland Australia as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bundaberg, Queensland

    Jill
    sales@stuntgirls.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came also, saw and wish you all luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope that doesn't make you a Maroons supporter living in Queensland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Queensland! Thanks for the giveaway! This is my by guess and by golly! LOL
    tobihelton at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are in Australia... we googled and think its Queensland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to google this one. Not very familiar with Australia, but I will guess Queensland.
    Mel
    bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Queensland Australia...
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete