Monday, February 24, 2014

Writing Process Blog Chain

Hi everyone...

So here I am, in the blog chain. Thanks to the wonderful Kate Belle for tagging me.



1) What am I working on?

As always I have a number of irons in the fire. I'm working on edits for Revenge On Cupid the final of my Celtic Cupid books, and I'm waiting for the final edits for The Assassin and the first for Executing Justice.

But writing wise... I'm still working on my historical (I never realised how long they took to write!)  Miss Elspeth's Desire is the first book of a duology featuring sisters Elspeth and Isabelle. 

They are firmly on the shelf at 25 and 27 - but not content to just accept their lot in life, they have decided to go looking for an adventure before they settle down to spinsterhood.  So they decide to travel to India and China, to meet with the traders there, on the pretext that they should know who their shipping line is dealing with.

In India (1878) Elspeth meets Aeddan. When plans go awry though they must marry... and that's where there troubles get worse.

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Firstly, I'm not content to stay in my box... I write across a range of genres including Science Fiction, Paranormal and even the odd contemporary. My paranormal series (The Blood Bride) is based on science (and maybe something a little more... **psst I can't tell you more**)

My science fiction has a firm basis is both fact and possibility... The romance is hot but it's the kind of science fiction I wanted to read 15 years ago (when erotic SciFi hadn't been heard of!)

3) Why do I write what I do?

I write what I like to read and because it gives my mind a chance to "empty out" the ideas and concepts that seem to always be there!

I also only write in genres I enjoy and have/do read in. It seems to me that I couldn't possibly do a genre justice if I didn't have more than a passing knowledge of it.



4) How does my writing process work?

I'm very organic in my approach to writing. When I start a book/series all I have is an idea. The couple take shape first, but because I am a "pantster" I have no firm plan at the beginning. It allows my book to weave and duck here and there until it's done.

Research is taken on the hop - looking for info on a "split s manoeuvre"? No worries. Thanks to the joys of google, youtube and of course, my trust book collection.


--<<O>>--<<O>>--<<O>>--<<O>>--<<O>>--<<O>>--<<O>>--<<O>>--

Okay, now next week the lovely  Danielle Belwater, Darry Fraser and XXX will be your hosts.

Danielle Belwater

Danielle Belwater adores the concept of true love and thoroughly believes everyone has their Prince Charming or Snow White out there somewhere, even if they have to fight demons, ghosts, and wizards to find it. She lives in rural South Australia with her husband, young daughters and way too many animals to mention. 

She spends most of her time dreaming up characters, stories, ghostly tales, and watching Firefly re-runs. She also cooks the odd meal for her family to avoid them looking like skeletons at official author functions!


Darry Fraser


I love to read forensic thrillers and historical dramas and autobiographies, mysteries and so on - but I love to write about relationships, use lots of dialogue, build characters who are more real than fantasy and create - I hope - great stories within the boundaries of the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment