Saturday, May 21, 2011

Travelling with kids

How many times have we said travelling with kids is difficult? Well after 2 days on the road with two teenagers we finally got to Cairns. Arrgghh! With one talking non stop and one singing, it has been a trial. To say the least....but eventually we arrived :) *phew*

Today I listed to Christina Aguilera, Pink, Eva Cassidy, Kelly Clarkson....now it has been an interesting mix I have to say. The highs and lows have included some songs with a subtext that the kids don't even understand yet sang the words to, and it put me in mind of a book I have read not too long ago with a storyline that while good used terms that didn't fit with the overall time line of the series.

Anyway, it has been highlighting to me the need to write books with text in the correct complex and timelines. So as I start re reading my manuscript, it is something I will particularly be looking for, words used in incorrect context and inappropriate to the timeline. So wish me luck.

Regards
Imogene Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment