Thursday, March 7, 2013

News!

Yeah I seem to be missing in action a lot at the moment.  So what have I been up to?

Lots, I tell you.  Lots!

Where to start?  Okay ARRA - what a blast!  Honestly, it was so much fun.  I got to meet up with other Authors I chat to a lot.


Khloe Wren, Imogene Nix and Georgiana Louis - all trying to outgrin each other.  Lovely ladies I am so proud to call my friends.  Yes, we did misbehave just a little bit.


Hazel Gower, Angela Castle and Kate Belle shared a table, so you can imagine the hilarity that went with the main evening.  Kate did mention something about the wine...


And of course, the lovely Jan Graham was there too!  Hi Jan!

Did someone say group Author photo?  Haha Yes there was over 60 of us again attending.  So getting a group photo was like herding sheep.  They did, however, get there in the end!

I attended the author book signing (yes I was signing) and giving away Imogene Nix sleep masks, bookmarks and even mentos!  The New Author panel - most people laughed... *phew* and scored a few books to bring home and read.  (Well just one... five... okay twenty eight... including those I won and those I bought!) oh and the Keynote Address by Anne Gracie!  Oh my!!! Wish I could get hold of the video she ran.  Oestrogen ran like a river while that was on.

On a purely personal note, my oldest daughter was inducted as her schools Student Committee Secretary.  I know she'll do a good job.  Doesn't she look pleased with herself?

 Ah and my latest news.  I made my dozen!  Contracts that is :)  Today I received word that my near futuristic romance, Hesparia's Tears has been picked up by Total-E-Bound.  (The home of Blame The Wine, The Blood Bride and so on...)

I don't have any further information yet.  But here's the blurb:

What will happen when the past catches up?

Galan is from Hesparia, where the females are dying out.

Jessa has a past, one she hasn’t earned but cannot escape from.

What will happen when opportunity knocks?

Galan travels to earth, hoping to plead the case for Hesparia. He doesn’t expect Jessa or The Quickening.

Can he make the case for women to migrate to Hesparia? Can they trust one another with their hearts. And can Jessa really escape her past?

 Hesparia’s Tears.



I've also still got one title out on submission - Loving Memories (A romantic suspense)... and one getting closer to submission - A Soldier... My Soldier.  It needs some tweaks and work... but it should be ready soon.  It will be my first "real contemporary" with no paranormal elements or suspense or sci fi... lol, I'm sure you get the idea.

Yes, for all I've been quiet, I have been busy!

Okay, time to sign off for now!  Have fun, be good and if you can't, well... enjoy yourself!

Imogene

2 comments:

  1. Great post. You should start calling yourself superwoman. Congrats on all your great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hazel! Mind you, you aren't doing so bad either!

    ReplyDelete