Friday, May 10, 2013

A Short Bite With ... Khloe Wren


As many of my readers will know, I'm one of the authors from the Edible Delights Anthology Volume Two. As some may not know, I've been there since the beginning. So I'm taking great pleasure in hosting the authors of Volume One here!

Today, I'd like to introduce to you a lady some of you have heard of before (she's also one of my besties! That makes it even more exciting!!)... 

Khloe Wren

Thanks for having over to your place again, Imogene! It’s always a pleasure… I’m sure there were bubbles and strawberries last time… Oh, there they are!

I have the pleasure and honour of joining some of my friends and authors I have great respect for in the Edible Delights Volume 1. So I thought I’d tell you a tale about how I got to be involved with this exciting project.

My Journey to Edible Delights

Well, I’d just received my very first contract when Angela Castle invited me to the great facebook group ‘Erotic Writers of Australia’. My first response was “But my books aren’t that erotic!” Angela just laughed at me for some reason… (I now write erotically charged books and understand her laughter!)

Soon after joining this wonderful supportive group of guys and gals, I was asked if I’d like to contribute to an anthology with a food based theme, I’d just started writing my second book in my Snow Leopard Shifter Series ‘Fire and Snow’. Having only worked on the one storyline, I thought it would be a bit of fun to write something different.

I wanted to challenge myself, push outside my comfort zone and be really naughty – see if I could keep up with my new erotic writing buddies. As I was reading ‘Their Virgin Captive’, the first book in Shayla Black and Lexi Blake’s Maters of Menage series at the time. I decided to try my hand at ménage. Lucky for Eilagh, this meant she got two hot sexy men instead of one!


Now, my brain is wired to the paranormal, so it was always going to be shifters! I chose dragons as I’ve always loved them, and have read countless stories about them. I even have my upper back adorned with a dragon tattoo (my twenty-first present to myself!).

The food had me stumped for a bit. But some random Googling brought me across this gorgeous picture, and Sealed with a Honeyed Kiss was born! Within the first chapter, it had continued to grow. My ‘bit of fun’ is now a five part series, the third instalment will grace Edible Delights Volume 3.


I also had the pleasure of designing the divine cover we have for Volume 1, my very first cover design. So, as you can see, this anthology is very special to as it’s full of firsts for me! First ménage, first cover, first trailer… the fun just never stops!!


Man, I love my job!!

I’ll leave you with a sneak peek at Sealed with a Honeyed Kiss, and I’ll see you all next time Imogene invites me over to play!

Xo
Khloe


Sealed with a Honeyed Kiss

Blown through a magic portal, Eilagh discovers she’s the Desired of sexy twin Dragon warriors, Dimitri and Max... and the target of forces far darker.

Max strolled up and down the rows of apple trees. He was on edge, his whole body tense in readiness. He'd picked up the same vibes as his twin had earlier. Something was going to happen and soon. He just couldn't pinpoint the where, who or how of it. He reached the end of the row and stopped in front of the beehive. After the blue skins had been destroyed, the orchard had been planted to cleanse the soil of their evil, for this was the site where the Great Wind had dumped the small group of blue skins after it had taken them from their world.

Apples—representing new life—were chosen. Beehives were placed at both ends of each row as a tribute to the Goddess, in the hope she would be pleased and bless them with renewed life. He placed his palm over the top of the white timber of the hive and watched as the bees covered his hand. Entranced, he stood motionless as they crawled over his flesh. The feel of their tiny legs moving over his skin calmed him, just as it always had. Bees were the Goddess' favorite pet. Them, and the honey they made, were precious, used only in religious ceremonies and rituals.

After a few minutes, he felt a lot calmer now all the tension had left his body. He spoke the sacred words of gratitude to the bees and the Goddess before slowly withdrawing his hand. Max watched as the bees peacefully flew back into their hive. As he began walking through the orchard back to the castle, a sudden gust filled with the scent of honey blew past him. He spun around to face the direction the wind came from and noticed the beginnings of a wind tunnel in the center of the row he had just walked down. Oh no. Not again. He drew his dagger from his belt as he mentally called for his brother to come quickly—with reinforcements—to the orchard.

Max braced himself in a fighter’s stance. He briefly contemplated shifting to his dragon form as he watched the wind tunnel rise up high into the air, but decided to stay human for the moment, otherwise he wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone who wasn’t a dragon shifter. In dragon form he couldn’t speak out loud, and dragon shifters could only communicate with other shifters telepathically.

The tunnel changed from translucent white to a bright red before lightning began to spark. He caught a glimpse of black hair and caramel skin as the fifth bolt arced through the tunnel. Soon after, the wind began to settle and within minutes the air was still allowing him his first good look at the visitors the Great Wind had left behind this time. Inside a ring of bright red sand and small rocks lay five unconscious females.

A little about Khloe Wren:

Khloe Wren started writing her first novel in high school, until it mysteriously disappeared from the family computer (her older brother was the lead suspect but nothing was ever proved). She didn't put pen to paper again after that for a number of years but she did keep reading. Khloe has always loved all things paranormal: sexy vampires and sultry shifters have always been her favourites. So when she picked up writing again, it seemed only natural to write paranormal romance.

Khloe lives in country South Australia with her incredibly patient husband and two daughters. When she's not sitting at her laptop writing, she's spending time with family or friends, kicking butt at karate or feeding her addictions of reading, eating chocolate and drinking Coke.


Where to Interact:

Facebook     Twitter    Website     YouTube

Thanks Khloe for coming to visit.  Okay, and just as an aside... Don't you just love the cover of Edible Delights Volume One?  That was developed by the gorgeous Khloe too!

And I can't wait for my copy of this anothology... there are some scorching hot stories in here!

Imogene

10 comments:

  1. I love this story! It was the first ménage I ever read and it is done beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamsin! Bring on Vol 3 were we both have menages included.
      xo
      Khloe

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I can't wait to read these stories. What a talented group of authors are included in the Edible Delights Antholgy with me. Khloe your dragon shifters sound wonderful.

    Cheers
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I can't wait to read them all too. All four sound brilliant.
      xo
      Khloe

      Delete
  3. I love a good menage and if I had to be a shifter I'd be a dragon too. Can't wait to read the book Khloe, and I really enjoyed your post today.

    Oh, and Imogene, why didn't I get bubbles and strawberries yesterday...lol

    :)
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! With the bubbles and strawberries ... you gotta know where to look. Imogene hides them well ;)
      xo
      Khloe

      Delete
    2. Don't give away all my secrets Khloe... and Jan? Next time I'll have caviar and Dom Perignon for you :) (and maybe even a cute male to serve...) We are a quality blog, after all! *wink*

      Delete
  4. Hi Khloe, I love dragons and dragon shifters. So mesmerising x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryse, I can't resist dragons either!
      xo
      Khloe

      Delete