Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Authors Are People Too

Hiya World

It's Imogene here! You know me... World class procrastinator and author extraordinaire :)  (Just thought I'd sneak that one in.)

Anyway, I thought you might like a sneak peak into how my release days go... (Just because I can!)

So...

6.30am  Wake up and Mr Imogene Nix brings me a steaming cup of coffee (what a sweetheart) I open my eyes and look myopically around the room.  (It's all true... I do wear glasses!)

Usually a quick check of emails and facebook.  Check the publishers website for the first time out of a gazillion times in the day.

Crawl out of bed and start rounding up baby Imogene Nix's... "Have you fed the chickens? And watered them?" Usually the answer is a chorus of Yes Mum! Herding them to make sure breakfast is eaten, lunches and bags packed. Teeth and Hair brushed. (Nothing changes, even at 16 & 17!!)

8.00am Move the computer and download the mail again.

8.30am - 9.00am Herd those baby Imogene Nix's out to the car and drop them off to school. (Usually super pup Teddy is in tow)

Head upstairs after running around the yard after super pup... then make a coffee and settle in. Turn on skype (a real sanity saver there!) Scan through emails, then onto Facebook to catch up with all the other writers I interact with daily.

9.30am JEWEL EPIC! Because you know I can't get through a day without playing that! (Just ask my good friend Khloe Wren!)

10.00am Settle in to work.  Edits, Writing or whatever while checking the appropriate publisher website every 5 minutes to see if my book is live yet.

1.00pm Lunch... scrabble around in the fridge looking for something edible and interesting. Sadly the edible wins over more often than the interesting!

1.15pm Settle in to work - again.  Edits, Writing or whatever while checking the appropriate publisher website every 5 minutes to see if my book is live yet (still!!)

2.50pm School pickup. Joy of joys.  Those baby Imogene Nix's need to be picked up, maybe dropped off to work, the mail collected from the post office.  So I make sure to have my trusty ereader in the car with me.

3.45pm Home again. Oh My God! Dinner!  Nothing is defrosted. Madly run about the house searching for an idea for dinner, tossing meat into the microwave to defrost and making sure anyone who is home with me is doing homework and asking them to turn off whatever they are watching via youtube or other... (Exhausted yet?) Oh and repetitively requesting the eggs get collected.

6.00pm - 6.30pm Mr Imogene Nix arrives home so the house is in uproar. It's time to start cooking dinner.  So I start running around making sure everyone is showered, the table is cleared off and laid for dinner. Kiss husband and check the computer again very quickly.

7.00pm - 7.30pm Dinner finally makes it to the table. Drinks are drunk and usually by now, the title is online.  A bit of cheering and then washing up.  Release nights are cuddled in front of the television with Mr Imogene Nix.

9.30pm Start reminding the baby Imogene Nix's that it's time for bed preparation. Feeding cats and super pup. Check emails and tweet/Facebook/Blog the release (usually while sitting in bed with the laptop.)

11.30pm Shut down the computer.  Weary. Roll over and hope sleep comes quickly. Morning will be here again before we know it and it all begins again.

I hope that gives you an insight into my release days.  Aren't they hugely exciting?

The life of a multi-published author is sooooo cool! Lol! It's very day to day as you can see!

Having said that, I have such an exciting time, I had a new release last week while I was in Tasmania.  So I'm thinking... Wanna win a copy of Blame The Wine??

Cara is stuck. A job going nowhere and a hankering for the sexy gorgeous boss who doesn’t even know she exists. Fate, in the guise of a temp position arrives… Where will it lead?

Dillon is a geek. No other word could possibly describe him. He may be sexy and super brainy, but he’s totally clueless with women and especially the sexy plus size Cara. But when his PA takes emergency leave before her wedding, the luscious Cara is the best applicant for the position. 


It’s an opportunity he can’t pass up.

To see more click on the Total E Bound image to go direct to the publishers website.

10 comments:

  1. OMG woman! Nowhere did I read in that list of madness, did you take a moment to celebrate with a glass of wine.

    Do be sure to take some time out to celebrate. Every author, whether you've got 2 books or 10 that are out, need a breather too. ;-)

    Congrats on your latest release. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks Layna... time waits for now woman... but the drinking goes with the cheering and dinner!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Oops. I forgot... layna (dot) pimentel (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Imogen, thanks for sharing a day in the life of your Self! Good luck with your new release, Blame The Wine. I'll lift a glass of the aforementioned beverage to you when the sun goes down. Luckily its winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes we can enjoy a glass of the good stuff earlier! :)

      Have a great day Jenny!

      Delete
  4. I need a nap .... just reading this made my tired ...

    Congratulations on your latest release :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does that to you, doesn't it? Don't forget to add your email addy Iris!

      Delete
    2. .. email addy is sweetdreamsmissengland (at) gmail (dot)com :-)

      Delete
  5. Gee and I thought I was busy. I'm in slo mo next to you. Go girl go. :-)
    email addy
    jladdicoat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a beta nerd hero! Good luck with this fun title, Imogene.

    ReplyDelete