Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Heat Wave...

Timing. It's such a crucial thing in any person's life - and for me it's no different.

Right now, I'm sitting downstairs in my outside she (where we park the cars) as our house is being sprayed. That doesn't sound too bad, does it? Except when I booked this, little did I even think they would do it in the middle of a heatwave.

So here I am... droplets of sweat trickling down my back with a grouchy cat, a sad dog and a throughly peeved teenager to keep me company.

Thank heavens for my trusty Mac.

But, as they say on the commercials...

Wait! There's more!

Oh yes, the paying day job has some work that needs doing this week... and files arrived last night for coding and uploading...

Annnndddd.... Edits for The Illuminated Witch turned up too....

Oh and I have to make the round trip to collect the oldest from work (and yes, she is driving.)

In Australia we are suffering from extended periods of severe to extreme heat waves - At the moment, where I am, it's in the severe category...with the possibility it could reach extreme. We are hoping for rain, but that's a looooong way off.

But I am thankful for small mercies... At least so far we haven't had any snakes :)

Well anyway, I just thought I'd log in and let you know what I'm up to... As always, I'm busy but loving my writing job!

Imogene



No comments:

Post a Comment