Saturday, December 15, 2012

5 Things...

So here I am trying to quantify what are the top 5 things I'm grateful for.

Have you ever tried that? My list is almost endless...

  • Family & husband 
  • The freedom I enjoy 
  • My sight (could you imagine not being able to read?) 
  • Chocolate and wine... (food of the Gods...) 
  • The ability to travel (imagine having to spend your life in one place... urgh!) 
So many of the things we enjoy and take for granted are not available to others, within this world. I keep thinking of the young Pakistani girl, Malala, who was shot by the Taliban because she not only wanted to learn to read, but campaigned for the rights of other girls.

To be honest, it then leaves me thinking about whether I am grateful for the opportunity to

  • Vote and stand for office,
  • Go to school and learn to read. 
  • For a lifestyle that lets me stay at home to write full time (which is why by May 2013 I will have a total of 7 releases... and working on more!) 
We live in such enlightened times, that my daughters will have the chance to choose for themselves who they want to marry (if they marry) and at what age.







We can communicate with others, world wide at the touch of a button.
People are looking to find ways to colonise the stars.

When I think of all these, great gifts, I am very grateful.

Not necessarily in order, my top must be:

To be born here in Australia
In my century with all it's technological inventions
With the gift of sight and hearing
To have my husband & daughters 
To have the opportunity and time to write, particularly Starline, my first book.

So, here I pose a question to my readers, what are you grateful for? 

One lucky commenter will win an SCP gift certificate to spend on any Imogene Nix title, they would like to read.



So, to be in the running with a VALID entry:

Add your top 5 list of things to be grateful for.
Tell me which of my titles you would like to read
Leave your email address within your comment - remember to leave spaces though.

I will draw this on the 23rd December (my youngest daughters birthday) and will name the winner here on my blog.

Now that you have checked out and taken part in mine, why not pop along to the Secret Cravings Blog and see what the authors of Secret Cravings have chosen to be thankful for

Imogene

20 comments:

  1. thank you for the awesome blog hop and wonderful giveaway

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go to other places, it's the traveling part I hate. I abhor airports. It should be easier, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I'm grateful for the standard non-material things, but I do so enjoy some 'material' things like:
    1. my kindle
    2. my iPod
    3. Tea
    4. nail polishes (I have hundreds of them!)
    5. my makeup

    I haven't read any of your books yet...but would love to start with Starline :)

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. My hubby and kids are at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!! My hubby and family mean the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my health, my job, my children, my husband and a good lock on the bedroom door
    kaholgate at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your choices! Family is the most important thing. My 5 favorite things are listed on my blog post and I won't bore you by repeating them here. I'll only mention one-- just before dawn, a huge golden moon floating in the eastern sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Flossie. It always puts me in mind of new chances :) Thanks for entering!

      Delete
  8. Alright this was a tough one.
    1. My Digital Camera
    2. Iphone
    3. Kindle for reading
    4. Print books
    5. Theatre
    Thanks for the giveaways!
    Starline looks hot!

    grapeapril75(AT)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I am grateful to still have my parents around, and of course my kids who love to drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it's a blessing to still have them, isn't it?

      Delete
  10. I am grateful for my family, friends, this wonderful blogging community, all the authors (without them we wouldn't have anything to read). and our military. I think I would like to read Starline.

    vampiremistress2010(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks BLHMistress... there certainly are plenty of things to be grateful for :)

    ReplyDelete