Monday, March 4, 2013

A Close Encounter With... Susan Child

Hi Susan... Thanks for joining me today.  I see you have brought Zack and Alice along for an interview... I'll just sit back and sip my Sex on the Beach while you do your thing (winks at everyone.)


Image Courtesy of nuttakit - FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I’m waiting in the same café that Zack and Alice catch up every week. I notice a couple walking down the concrete sidewalk. His muscular arm wraps around her shoulders as her slender hand peeks around his side. Her short brown hair blows in her face in the breeze, as she looks away from him, she lifts her hand up to pull her hair back, and she turns to face him again, the whole time he stares at her. He leans down and whispers something in her ear and she laughs. Her musical sound echoes in the noisy street. I smile. I look away, to give them some privacy and turn to watch the ocean roll along the shore. The salty air picks up and as I close my eyes, I let it bathe me in the sunny heat of the day. As I open them, the couple stands in front of the table, smiling at me, holding hands. I stand up, shake their hands, “Zack? Alice? It’s lovely to meet you,” then wait for them to sit down before I sit. I take out my notebook and pen, and they continue to stare at each other. It’s a beautiful sight to see.

S: Can you tell me a little about yourselves?
Zack: What do you want to know?
S: Do you have nicknames for each other?
Zack: *smiling* just baby.
Alice: *laughing* just recently I started calling him dumpling as that’s his favourite food.
S: *grinning* do either of you have a birthmark? And where is it?
Alice: I got one on my upper thigh which Zack likes to…. Um…
Zack: Baby!
Alice: What? *looks innocent but smiles sweetly*
S: What about you, Zack? Any birthmarks?
Zack: None.

I jot down what they say, but I can see Zack not liking what I’m writing, his frown is evidence of that.

S: Who are your friends and family? Who are you close to?
Alice: That’s easy! *she holds her and Zack’s entwined hands up in the air* Zack’s my family, the night before last Zack proposed! Want to see the ring?

Before I can answer, she shows me her left hand with a red ruby encased on a gold band.

S: That’s gorgeous!
Alice: I know! Want to help me with my wedding? Let’s discuss this next week?

S: Sure! (what else was I going to say?)

I turn to Zack.
S: Where do you call home?
Zack: *he looks at Alice and she looks back* anywhere she is.
S: *smiles* what are your biggest fears?
Zack: That she wouldn’t say yes to being with me or accepting my proposal.
Alice: That it was my imagination he felt the same way as I did for him.

I want to dig a little bit deeper, find out other things about them.

S: Would you keep a secret from each other? Even if it means protecting the other?
Alice: I would never lie to Zack, I can’t keep a secret!

Zack: I tell her everything.

S: What’s in your refrigerator right now?
Alice: Ahh… Let me think. The usual stuff, milk, juice, fruit, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, eggs etc. You know? The usual.
Zack: I don’t do shopping.
S: *laughing* Ok! What’s on your nightstand?
Zack: What the hell is that? *he pulls a face*
Alice: *giggling* a lamp, two books, picture of us and a candle.

As I’m staring at Alice and Zack, I take note of what they are wearing as they decide to get up and get a coffee. 

Zack is wearing a light blue shirt with beige shorts and thongs. Very relaxed. Alice wore a cute little red sundress with flats.   
 
A few minutes later, they come back, empty handed, smiling at me.


Zack: They will bring it out. I ordered you one too.
Me: Thank you!
Alice: Just letting you know we have to leave shortly. We have a barbeque to go to.
Me: Not a problem, thank you for answering a few questions!
Zack: It’s all good.
Me: Last question then, if you could change one thing about the other, what would it be?

Just then the waitress brings out three cups of coffee in a takeaway cup.
We each take a gulp of it.

Alice: One thing to change about Zack? Mmm let me see… maybe he can walk around the house shirtless more? *grins*
Zack: That’s easy, her last name.
Alice: Dumpling, that’s going to change anyway!

She leans over and kisses him on the mouth.

Alice: We have to go now, maybe we can finish this off, say next week?
S: I look forward to it.

I stand up when Zack and Alice get up, they walk around the table and kiss me on the cheek with a small hug. 

Thanks for stopping in Susan, Alice and Zack.  It was fun!  Let's do it again sometime.

More Than Friends 
 
They were the best of friends… unfortunately. 

When her sleazy ex cheated on her, Alice turned to her best friend Zack for support. Her head tells her never to love again, but in the arms of Zack, her heart has other ideas.
And so does Zack.


How can he tell her how much he wants her, when one night of passion could destroy the friendship of a lifetime?

Available Here:  Amazon

Bio

When Susan was in high school, she never really liked to read, but when she was a child she did. Go figure. It wasn't until after she graduated that she caught the reading bug. Susan had to go to a book store to sell off her text books and a particular book caught her eye. This book stood out from the other second-hand books because it had a pink cover. It was only a couple of dollars, so she thought, “Why not?” But she couldn't quite bring herself to read her bargain book. It had a pink cover!

Then, after it tormented her for three weeks, she finally picked it up and... Could not put it down. Susan finished it in two days!

After Google-ing the author and found that she’d written a heap of books for Harlequin Mills & Boon as well as Single Titles. So of course Susan had to buy all her other books! And when she realised that there were other Mills & Boon authors out there, she just had to search out their books, too. And she loved them!
Susan got a ton of inspiration from those books. But the most important thing she realized was that she wanted to write those books, too. She wanted to be a Paranormal author. Because let's face it, who doesn't like things that go bump in the night?

Where to chat with Susan: 


No comments:

Post a Comment