Sunday, May 26, 2013

Home Again... Home Again... Jiggety Jig!

So here I am finally home.  The scent of cooking lamb fills the air along with the crowing of our rooster.It feels like I've been away for months.  Not that I have, it was, after all, only one week. But it was definitely long enough to know that no where is like home.

There's always something special about getting home, laying your head on your own pillows, sitting at your own table and being surrounded by your personal stuff.  It's hard to define, but it's what makes it home, I think.

Oh and yes, my little baby did miss me. He whined his hello to me, wagged his tail and hasn't left me alone since we got back.

One week in Tassie, more than half of that was spent in Hobart, where I discovered the most amazing little bakery.  If you happen to be down Salamanca way, check out Daci Daci! I met up with the lovely Sarah Brabazon... and enjoyed cappucino's and little fruit tartlets. I'm so looking forward to reading through her work.

We stayed at the Customs House hotel right on the waterfront so we could watch the boats coming and going.  It was great that there was internet, so I was able to be on intermittently during the week. 

Then we headed for my parents place in Ulverstone. We did a birthday dinner at Pedro's for my parents and let me tell you, their food is to die for! Yummy.  Our oldest girl swears by Coquile St Jacques.  Me? I loved their Pork Belly.  Not terribly low in calories but oh my!  And it's hugely filling too!

In the middle of all this, we also managed to get our oldest girl fitted for her formal gown and order it.  It's lovely...(ignore the writing...) isn't it gorgeous?  We are now looking for shoes, bag and jewellery (and I think a wrap) so she'll be set. 

Right... what else? Ohh not much, I didn't shop a lot though my bag did come home a whopping 10 kilos heavier than when I left.  Bummer that. My arm was NOT impressed :)

Hubs and youngest daughter also brought a flu home with them...

Anyway, school resumes tomorrow.  The world will rotate back into alignment and that should be life back to normal.

For now, have a lovely day/week and I hope to be able to catch up more soon!

Take care!

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment