Saturday, June 9, 2012

Midwinter In Queensland & Summer blogs.

You know, I am participating in Midsummer blog hops...the SCP Summer Scavenger Hunt... and it is the cold midwinter here.  I am currently sitting in bed with warm socks, warm pajamas and my dog snoring at the end of the bed.

It seems funny, that somehow, somewhere, in the northern hemisphere they are wearing shorts and flip flops and basking in the warming rays of the sun.  Today, was wet, drizzling and overcast... Tomorrow we are going to reach the heights of around 9 degrees ... in Fahrenheit that is something like 48.2. By any standard that is cold. (Trust me if I had icicles to put into the font, I would!)  Oh and the temps are still dropping.  Gulp.

So...where will you find me in June?  Maaann... I am actually going to have a slightly quieter month.  I am participating in the SFRB Midsummer Blog Hop (in the middle of winter), gearing up for the Secret Cravings Scavenger Hunt and my group of friends from Hotter Than Hades and I are running our first competition and you get to participate.

Apart from that, I will be on my Facebook page.  Oh yes, and the next set of edits for the Star of the Fleet should be arriving soon.  :)

But to keep you looking, I thought I would share a lovely picture that epitomizes for me what I am missing in winter:

This is Fraser Island in summer.

As the crow flies (ie in a roughly straight line) about 200-250km (125-155 miles) away...Look at those beaches and the beautiful blues and greens.  

However, here in Gayndah, frosts are the go each morning as the cattle moo and low on the wind.  Even the birds are later rising. 



Well, I hope that gives you an insight into where I live and the cool/cold/freezing winters.

Until next time...

Imogene.

2 comments:

  1. Imogene,
    Fellow SCP author here in New Jersey. We're having tropical weather here in the States. So, in some ways, I envied the cooler climes. However, we get our share in January and February with blizzards and icy conditions.
    Any extreme, however, forcing me inside to write more. Hope you stay warm. Hope to stay cooler here. Catherine, author of Sacred Fires (that'll warm you up)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going along with you on the cold bits Imogene. Roll on Summer. BTW Hubby's reading your book.

    ReplyDelete