Monday, July 30, 2012

Holidays...

I love holidays. Alas hubby and I don't get away as much as we would like to. I think it's got a lot to do with his job, my business, writing and teenage daughters in their last few years of high school.

Our last holiday was in June 2011 - right after the horrible Queensland Floods and I can't say I enjoyed the lead up to it. Remember that danged volcano that kept erupting and closing the airports in Australia? Yeah... my hubby was stuck in Canberra, only arriving home 6 hours before we had to leave to get to the airport to fly to Tasmania.

We also had a visitor traveling with us. It was nice... but this time we have decided on a cruise. Something with no phones, no internet. Just the four of us, communing and sharing experiences. Something that we don't get many opportunities for. But before we go to that, it's SupaNova in Brisbane. Actually, this was a real bone of contention, because we were not going to miss that. For anything, including our long awaited holiday. In the end, we have transferred our cruise booking to different dates so we can go.

Sad, isn't it? Lol!

So today, I'm asking your opinion. There are four of us. One daughter is considering Sailor Moon as her muse, one isn't sure. And as for hubs and I? Well I suggested Mama Bobchik and no-one knew who she was.

Suggestions for quick and easy throw together costumes would be great about now.

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment