Thursday, July 26, 2012

When all things come to an end...the cycle starts again.

Today is both a sad and happy day in our house. Sad because we lost another guinea pig. Rose, our last female passed on today. It's never easy. No matter how old you are. Mind you, a sobbing daughter usually makes you feel worse. :( (Even though I am actually allergic to the guinea pigs, they are cute to have around...but once Chubs passes on, we won't have anymore because our daughters will be leaving school soon and with that moving away to live their own lives.)


On a brighter note, the cycle of life goes on and our "mother hen" Wynona the Wyandotte X found eggs a couple of weeks ago that our other daughter "forgot" to collect. Being the great mother that she is, she sat and sat and sat. Today chicks. At lunch time there was a hasty rearrangement of pens to make her a safe place to bring up her little fluffy babies.

It occurs to me that writing is similar. I finished writing Starburst and sent it to the publisher but it was also sad. Over fifteen months of my life were invested in this series and it is done. Dusted. Complete.

How do I feel? Well, there is sadness that it's done but I also feel a lightness. Knowing the series is now complete, I feel I can move onto something new very soon. Like I said, the cycle continues.

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment