Monday, May 16, 2011

Here and Back Again`

Okay so my first manuscript is in the hands of another writer at the moment, and I have to say I am so nervous. I remember reading Dee Davis describe it a bit like sending your kid off to college, you know you have to let it spread its wings, but nevertheless you find it difficult to just say "Go!"

So instead of working on the second book, or even working on more rewrites - I am kinda waiting on her feedback anyway.....not that I am rushing anyone, but I guess it is a little bit of avoidance at the moment so I am on a reading binge... So far in the last week it has been Darkscape followed by My Immortal Assassin. (love that Carolyn Jewel). Anyway, so by my desk as I am typing this is 2 Susan Grant books - Your Planet or Mine? and Sureblood.... and of course I have a copy of the latest Carolyn Jewel book - My Dangerous Pleasure.

I keep looking at the manuscript though and thinking should I start on it? But you know what? I am going away for a week on Friday so I think I will throw it and my mulitcoloured gel pens into my laptop bag and take it with me. Apart from that there are 2 eroticas waiting to be read....life in a bookstore is great :)

Meanwhile, I will leave you with this thought:-

'No matter how good I might think it is, it is only as good as the next person who reads it'

Happy reading and writing
Imogene Nix

No comments:

Post a Comment