Friday, February 10, 2012

10 Questions with Paul Martin

Could you give me a brief rundown of your currently available items with Secret Cravings?

Hi, my name is Paul Martin. I write erotic romance stories in several different genres. I grew up in the not so gently rolling hills of southwest Pennsylvania. I write sensual tales laced with the supernatural as well as contemporary works featuring strong women and the heroes who are man enough to tame them. When not on the golf course, I can be found at the computer letting my imagination play with people's lives and loves.

I currently has three stories available at Secret Cravings. A Present for Santa, A Witch’s Curse and my latest release, The Bitch in the Kitchen.

They all sound fantastic…so, onto the 10 questions…

1. Let’s start with something easy. How long have you been writing and what got you started?

I’ve been writing about six years now. As an avid reader all my life, I’ve always wanted to try my hand and I’m glad I finally took the plunge.

2. The most interesting parts of my stories I have dreamt up. Can you give us an idea of one fantastical or sexy thing you have thought up?

There is one that pops to mind. It involves a mythical man and a woman from the suburbs and a milking machine.

3. Have you got a current WIP and can you give us any hints as to what we will find within the book?

I have several in the works right now, don’t we all? One is a fantasy about Vikings and four people from our world who intermingle in a land where real magic is possible. It’s a hot mix of romance, magic and Viking warriors.

4. Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate or something stronger? And why?

I’m a Diet Dewer. It tastes the same as regular Mt. Dew without the horrid after taste most diet sodas have.

5. Some characters just grab you by the scruff of the neck and worry you until you do what is right by them. Which character that you have written would you say has done this to you and why?

The ghost in A Witch’s Curse was difficult to write. The POV in the story was all Carolyn’s and to try to reveal his inner emotions was challenging to say the least.

6. If you had the opportunity to try something in your books, what would it be?

Interesting that you ask. All my stories so far have been mainly from the woman’s POV and I was thinking of starting a series from the man’s.

7. As authors, we know which characters we would most love to meet. So pick 5 you would invite for dinner and tell us why.

That’s an easy one. I would invite my leading ladies; Holly from A Present for Santa, Carolyn and Maggie from A Witch’s curse and Lisa from The Bitch in the Kitchen. The fifth would be Elaine from my Viking WIP. Why? Because they’re all hot and I love each and every one of them.

8. As authors, we all make mistakes on our road to publishing. What would you do differently along the way to becoming a published author?

I would have started much sooner than I did. Trying to remember all those grammar rules from grade school gets harder and harder each year.

9. You are going on a holiday and can only take 3 things with you. What would you pick and why?

My lap top, of course, suntan lotion and, is Rebecca DeMornay available?

10. If you could give a piece of advice to a reader who wants to write a book, what would it be

Be prepared to work your ass off. Writing ain’t as easy as you think. Keeping your characters straight in your mind is hard enough, but when they decide the story should go one way and you want it to go another, makes it even harder.

You can catch Paul on Facebook

Their current releases include…A Present for Santa, A Witch’s Curse and The Bitch in the Kitchen

COMPETITION TIME!

Paul Martin has kindly offered A free copy of A Witch’s Curse so, in order to win, please leave a comment and one lucky winner will be randomly drawn

Prizes will be drawn randomly on the 13th February

6 comments:

  1. Great answers Paul. Man, I haven't heard of Rebecca DeMornay in years. Wonder what ever happened to her? Sorry, digressed there. Can't wait to hear more on your Vikings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview.....hmmmm a milking machine? Just wanted to come by and give my support to Paul...I really enjoyed the Bitch in the kitchen and just starting on A Witches Curse.....Best wishes always~Ava~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Nice to know you better. All the best with your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paul *waves*! This showed up in my email after I went to bed, but I wanted to stop in. Yeah-Holly was one hot chick. She sure melted the snow around Santa. See you tomorrow, Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We have a winner. Cynthia we will be in touch soon.

    Thanks to all for entering!

    ReplyDelete