Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentines Day Ruminations...


Valentines Day is coming and to be honest, this year I'm a bundle of nerves. Why, you ask? Because this year, I have stepped up to the plate...this year I am a Published Author.

How exciting is that, right? Well it is pretty awesome, except for one thing. What should I do know?

Say what...? Yeah, I know. Here I am an author of a SciFi Romance wondering what on earth I should do this year that is so different. In the past, I have done all sorts of things...fun stuff.
One year, when hubby and I were struggling with Uni and work, I made these little love heart biscuits, and with bits of nut, wrote "I Love You" on them and arranged them on the plate. I have left Love Notes and things like that. But the last few years, I have got slack. You read right. Slack. S-L-A-C-K!

Hubby brings me flowers and wine and stuffed sexy kittens for my office, but I am lucky to do a card. Sure I cook dinner and stuff like that, but that is about my limit these days. I want to do something new, bold and exciting.

I was looking around for ideas and found this - I will propose to your boyfriend this leap year for you for $5

Somehow, that didn't do it for me. Could be partially because this year we celebrate 18 years of marriage. Could be, because I would rather do something like that myself. Sigh. So it's time to look again. Something original and new...

That is part of the problem isn't it? I will still cook a dinner for two - we have candelabra, quiet music and ... ah yeah... teenage daughters. It's hard to be romantic with teenagers in the house.

I have always considered sending him flowers, but it really doesn't work for us. He could be anywhere in the region so it wouldn't work and he thinks flowers are a girly thing. A card? Sure I can and will pick one up, and some nice wine. He doesn't really like chocolates and his view of Val's Day is that it is horribly commercial...

So, here I am...once more thinking what to do... But enough of my rambling...what are your plans?

Go on, share. I won't tell anyone. And if I get one I really really like and think will work for me, I might find a copy of Starline in my prize cupboard!

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment