Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Oh the wonderful world of words...

So here I am... procrastinating.  Less than 5k short of finishing my sequel to Blame The Wine and finding the words are jammed inside my brain.

Jammed.  Great word that.  But it's an apt description.  They are stuck.

S.T.U.C.K.


and totally unconvinced that they should come out now.  I need them to escape.  To flow like the Orinoco River. I want to finish this story.  Much as I love Jane and Davis, I want to get onto Simone and Jake. Grr...

So... what shall I do? So I've blogged, Facebooked, Tweeted.  Had a coffee. Eaten Breakfast. Fed the cats and dog. Grumped at the daughter. Cursed the internet. (Yeah, I'm finding it frustrating.)

But to be honest, I think a large part is my brain is still in editing mode. It wants to evaluate word choices, flesh and fill out the bones of the story. I'm just not ready to do that yet.

So... In honour of my "Jammed" imagination, I'm looking for input.  What do you do when the words get jammed.  When the 100 words a day fairy hits?

Please share your words of wisdom for everyone :) For those times when we too suffer from the S.T.U.C.K. Syndrome.

Imogene

No comments:

Post a Comment